Thursday, January 24, 2013

Peeta's view


The Third book in the “Hunger Game series: Mockingjay” written by Suzanne Collins, the character Peeta has his perspective of Katniss has been changed by the capital. After his kidnapping from the third quarter quell, he was tortured by the capital. After the torturing, every time he saw Katniss he relived his pain.  This changed his view of Katniss, as a monster. His opinion of katniss changed again, later in the book.  

When Peeta first came to district thirteen, he attempted to choke Katniss to death, which failed. In Peeta’s view, all the torturing was because of her. For everything Katniss said, they punished Peeta for it. Making Peeta wanting revenge for all the beatings, when he knew nothing.

When Peeta, Katniss, Gale, and other rebels were hiding in the inner capitol. Peeta’s relationship with Katniss changes from close friends to strangers. Rarely talking to each other, keeping distance, refusing to move, those are actions Peeta is having. He still does not fully trust the rebels, but he has no one to turn to.

Peeta and Katniss may still be strangers, but they went through a tragic common experience, which made them closer in the end. Peeta’s view of Katniss from, monster to loving her.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would get an eight, becuase I did say that it is in Peeta's point of view. Also, I analysised events in Peeta's view. Sadly, one of my goals is to get a nine on this piece. Since I gave myself an eight, I will need to improve on this piece.

    ReplyDelete